Many people tend to be very picky when it comes to beauty and anti-aging products. It is for sure that every home has a variety of skincare and hair care products such as age-defying creams, facial washes, and volumizing conditioners. But have we ever thought of having body scrubs? Only a few people actually use body scrubs because using it can be very tiring and exhausting because you need to rub it off on your entire body (it will not be called a body scrub without a reason!) and wash it out after. But with patience and determination, you will have the drive of scrubbing your skin and you will be able to achieve the results you want – a revitalized, soft, and smooth skin!
A body scrub is a body treatment that cleans, exfoliates, and hydrates the skin by getting rid of the dead skin cells, making the skin soft and smooth, and some have a whitening effect. Body scrubs are also expected to unclog the pores to help rejuvenate the skin. To experience the effectiveness of scrubbing, do it in a gentle, circular motion. These are some other tips when scrubbing:
- Keep your hair pulled up so granules or particles do not stick to your hair
- Use a mirror so you can see where you scrub on your face for you to avoid getting anything in your eyes or mouth
- Scrub before going to bed to get rid of the dirt you acquired the entire day and because there is a possibility you will be all red from all the scrubbing
Scrubs are really great. It can help you be relaxed and feel great about yourself. But scrubs with massages from spas can be very expensive as well as if you buy from beauty shops. So instead of buying or going to the spa, why not make your own? Aside from being cheaper, you can be sure that homemade body scrubs are natural and safe. There are no chemicals that may cause intense harm or irritation to your skin. Coconut Oil and Pineapple Homemade Body Scrub can deeply moisturize and nourish your skin. You’ll really feel great and your skin will be smooth, soft, clean and younger-looking.
An All-Natural Body Scrub
The main ingredients of Health & Age homemade body scrub are the coconut oil and pineapple, and yeah, they have a lot of benefits. The coconut oil helps moisturize and smoothen the skin. Coconut oil is actually common to most beauty products because of its ability to deeply moisturize and penetrate better than the other oils. The pineapple, on the other hand, is a good astringent that helps the skin to get rid the dead skin cells, excess oils, and dirt. It can also help to improve skin elasticity, slow down aging, and clean the skin thoroughly.
Sea salt is another ingredient to our homemade body scrub. It promotes blood flow circulation and cellular turnover and is a good granule for exfoliation. You can also use sugar but since it is smaller and dissolves faster, it is more suited to be used for homemade face scrubs that are needed to be gentle. An additional ingredient, olive oil, is good to keep the skin radiant, healthy, and youthful. It can also be an aid in maintaining the smoothness, elasticity, and overall health of the skin. Lemons and lime have basically the same use. They are natural whiteners. They act as a sort of bleach to whiten your skin and lighten the dark spots on your skin. Aside from its whitening function, the fresh scent of lemon or lime is really invigorating. This will surely make you feel refreshed and energized.
With all this information provided, “Health and Age” is sure that you have been thinking of doing this already and is eager to get a clean, soft, smooth, and revitalized skin. And to help you get started with this amazing homemade body scrub, we will provide you with its ingredients and the steps on how to make it. Just make sure your ingredients are fresh!
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 cup of sea salt
- 1/2 cup cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 mason jar
- In a blender or food processor, blend the pineapple chunks until smooth.
- Squeeze the lime and lemon juice into the mason jar. Add the blended pineapple chunks and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in the oils and add the sea salt last.
- And now for the fun part, scrub yourself down in the shower! Make sure not to wash off the oil with soap. Finally, pat yourself cautiously until you are dry and enjoy your silky skin.
- If you have any leftovers, you can refrigerate your homemade scrub. Use the mason jar for easy storage. It will last for one week. Make sure you use it again just so it will not be wasted!
It is really easy, right? It will not take you much time and it will not cost you a lot of fortune. You just really need to be motivated and determined to get yourself started. Just always think that when you do this scrub, you will have a fair, clean, white, soft, smooth, and rejuvenated skin – just to name a few! Because for sure, there are still tons of other benefits of using a homemade body scrub from fresh products.